Tristone Strategic Partners LLP is an investment bank that specializes in mergers and acquisitions and capital raising. We noticed in the marketplace that bankers in India were becoming very transaction oriented and focused more on the large clients.
Tristone was founded on the belief that mid-size companies in India need and deserve high quality advise and execution. Therefore, our founding partner decided to form Tristone Strategic Partners to provide world class investment banking for small and mid-size corporate clients in India.
Our team is led by a senior banker with decades of global and domestic experience and have executed transactions totaling billions of dollars. We have expertise raising capital across the capital structure and have worked on M&A deals with financial and strategic buyers.
India’s nominal GDP is expected to grow from $2.8 trillion at present to over $5 trillion by 2025.
This doubling of economic activity will be largely driven by small and mid-size companies in India.
At Tristone, our mission is to support such small and mid-size Indian companies by providing them
capital and strategic solutions to achieve their growth potential and maximize shareholder value.
India needs large pools of capital from international institutional investors and foreign direct investors.
We want to assist international investors in sourcing attractive investment opportunities in India
and we want to help foreign multinational corporations that want to do business in India.
We want to provide world class investment banking services to our clients. If we serve our clients
well and succeed in helping them achieve their objectives, our own success will follow.
Our assets are our people and our reputation. We seek high caliber professionals or bankers who
want to utilize their intellectual capital to serve clients in an ethical, confidential, non-conflicting and
transparent manner. We provide our professionals an entrepreneurial work environment with
exposure, growth and learning opportunities not available in larger hierarchical
investment banking organizations.
What we do
We partner with promoters and senior management to provide:
- Comprehensive solutions designed to address corporate finance requirements across the capital structure resulting in value maximization.
- M&A advisory services for acquiring or selling assets or meaningful equity stakes.
- Arrange equity capital for growth, recapitalization or deleveraging purposes and advising companies on how to reposition their equity story in front of existing or new investors for optimal outcomes.
- Advise on the optimal debt structure and capacity in the business and arrange debt capital for expansions, acquisitions, refinancing or recapitalization.
- Support stakeholders in a stressed credit for recapitalizing the company or negotiate a debt restructuring.
How we do business
- When our clients work with us, they can expect senior banker attention throughout the process and first-class transaction execution.
- We approach complex client situations with an unbiased focus and develop a holistic solution to achieve the optimal outcome for the client.
- At Tristone, we value our clients trust in us and have the highest standard of confidentiality and discretion.
- Our team has multidisciplinary skill-sets, perspectives and networks.
- Deep expertise across the capital structure (equity, mezzanine debt and senior debt).
- Significant experience leading buy-side and sell-side M&A transactions for strategic and financial investors.
- Thoughtful, creative judgement to get transactions completed. Senior banker focus and commitment throughout the process.
- We focus on what our clients want and need and develop a range of solutions to meet those requirements. Not every situation warrants a standard solution.
- Our assets are our people. We seek high caliber professionals that work well in a team to deliver superior outcomes for clients.
- Confidentiality and trust are the cornerstone values of our business and can never be compromised.
Amit Sabharwal founded Tristone in Mumbai after 20 years of investment banking and corporate finance experience while working in New York, London and Mumbai. He has worked in the investment banking division of Citibank, Credit Suisse First Boston and Lehman Brothers. During this period, he worked with corporate and private equity clients to arrange over $20 billion in debt (bank, bonds and mezzanine debt) and equity financings and has advised on mergers & acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, project financings, dividend recapitalizations and debt restructuring transactions.
Amit has also worked as an Executive Director at Essar Group with responsibility for managing strategic financings and M&A in the Energy and Infrastructure sector. While at Essar, he raised over $4bn of leveraged loans and equity capital including the $1.9 billion IPO of Essar Energy on the London Stock Exchange (one of the largest cross-border IPO’s for an Indian business). He also managed a complex cross-border M&A process for sale of Essar Oil to deleverage the group. Essar Oil (including related port infrastructure) was sold to a consortium led by Rosneft for $12.9 billion.
He has experience working with corporate and private equity clients in a wide variety of industries including Industrials (i.e. Auto, Chemical, Defense), Healthcare, Telecom & Media, Retail, Energy (Oil & Gas and Power) and Infrastructure. Mr. Sabharwal has a Bachelor in Engineering from Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology and a MBA from Texas A&M University.